This is just a quick post to share a card I made recently. My main goal was actually to record my card making process for a video, but it seems this is a bit more tricky than I expected, so no video but I’ve learned lots and hopefully I’ll be able to share some techniques soon.
Here’s my sparkly card:
This card was inspired by a card Debbie Hughes made for the Online Card Class “Clean and Simple 3“, so I can’t show you the original, but mine is pretty close in layout to what Debbie did 😉
I used so many different techniques here I won’t mention them all because this post would get super long. But the short version: die cut the butterfly from the front panel, made it sticky with a double sided adhesive sheet, applied glitter and then colored the glitter with my Spectrum Noir markers. Used a stencil for the raindrops (thank you, Laura Sterckx, for making me buy the silver embossing paste!) and Mama Elephant stamps for the sentiment. Done 🙂
Oh, yeah, at the end I also used some Distress Ink to sponge the borders of the front panel where I cut the butterfly from. Not sure I’d do that again, but at that time it seems like a good idea 😉
- Memory Box Lunette Butterfly
- Sizzix Double Sided Adhesive Sheets (via Stampin Up)
- Distress Dry Stickles Rock Candy
- Spectrum Noir Markers
- Wendy Vecchi Silver Embossing Paste
- Memento Luxe Pigment Ink Plum
- Mama Elephant Up and Away Stamp Set (Sentiment)
- Distress Ink Spun Sugar
- Mini Distress Tool
- Crafter’s Companion Mini Raindrops Stencil
- Make The Day Special Challenge #2, Color Choice 3 (purples and greys);
- The Card Concept #9 “Monochromatic Purple” – I’ve chosen the style Clean and Layered. It uses lots of white space, but also allow for layers and embossing, which are both present on my card.
- Butterfly Challenge #6 “Glamorous Butterflies” because, well, look at the sparkle!
- Less Is More #170 “Three Shades of One Color” because I’m using three shades of purple;
- CAS on Sunday #32 “Sparkle and Shimmer” because, well, it’s obvious, right? 😉