Hello crafty friends! A big welcome to you all coming over from Amy – I’m hopping today with two fabulous companies, Altenew and Pretty Pink Posh, and you wouldn’t believe the inspiration you can find along the way and the prizes up for grabs! So, let’s come along for some shaker christmas goodness!
I love how I could use the one single tree image from the Festive Silhouettes stamp set to create an entire forest of trees – it’s amazing what you can do with differently colored inks and some optical illusion. Of course, the scalloped circle die by Pretty Pink Posh does help to focus the attention on my main element in the card.
You know how much I love my gilding flakes, and I was a bit hesitant at first because of the very fine font in the sentiment, but as you can see, the flakes worked their magic and each letter came our gorgeously. I love the texture of the gilding flakes; it just adds that right amount of extra to a card.
Lastly, I wanted to create a shaker card without using traditional christmas colors. Thankfully, the Winter Sparkle Mix had most of what I needed, and I added some 3mm Sparkling Clear sequins and seed beads from the Woodland Mix to spice it up even more. Yes, it does partially cover the sentiment, but hey: make ’em work for their sentiment, eh? 😀
Keep on hopping – Blog hop details and prizes
Now that you’ve seen my card, it’s time to continue hopping and to leave comments to win prizes! The next stop is Therese, and you can win TWO $100 prize packs from Altenew and Pretty Pink Posh up for grabs. Winners will be picked randomly from the comments left on any of the blogs listed below. Please leave your comments by Wednesday, November 2, 2016, at midnight EST to be eligible to win. Winners will be announced on the Altenew and Pretty Pink Posh blogs on Thursday, November 3rd.
- Altenew: www.altenewblog.com
- Nina-Marie Trapani: http://ninamariedesign.com/
- Carissa Wiley: http://www.sprinkledwithglitter.com/
- Lydia Evans: http://lydiaevansdesign.com/
- Lisa Elton: http://mypapertales.blogspot.com/
- Nicole Picadura: http://www.scrapsandstamps.com/
- Liz Sarkisyan: http://familycreationfun.blogspot.com/
- Isha Gupta: http://hobbyandideas.blogspot.ch/
- Melody Rupple: http://apapermelody.blogspot.com/
- Sveta Fotinia: http://fotiniascrap.blogspot.com/
- Amy Lee: https://thecraftbunnyblog.wordpress.com/
- Julia Altermann <– you are here <3
- Therese Calvird: https://lostinpaper.wordpress.com/
- Jeanne Jachna: http://akeptlife.blogspot.com/
- Yoousun Hur: https://rejoicingcrafts.com/
- Keeway Tsao: http://www.kiwikoncepts.com/
- Svitlana Shayevich: http://craftwalks.com/
- Amy Kolling: http://stamp-n-paradise.blogspot.com/
- Agnieszka Malyszek: http://justmadefrompaper.blogspot.co.uk/
- Heather Hoffman: http://housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com/
- Amy Wanford: http://craftingconfessions.blogspot.co.uk/
- Shannon McComb: http://stampandglitter.blogspot.ca/
- May Sukyong Park: http://mayholicdesign.com/
- Pretty Pink Posh Blog: http://prettypinkposh.com/blog