Hello fellow crafters! Today I have a coloring video for you featuring a stamp by Gorjuss which I received as a Christmas present. Since I’ll be coloring this little girl with my Polychromos pencils, the actual coloring process takes quite a bit of time (layers, layers, and more layers). For that reason, I’ll be splitting up the video in three parts and I’ll be publishing the videos a few days apart to give you time to absorb all the details.
Since I get the question all the time, I want to point out that I am just a beginner when it comes to coloring with pencils (I only started with it seriously last year) and that I am still taking classes over at Kit and Clowder to improve my skills. You can find a review and recommendation for coloring classes in my blog post here.
Additionally, you can do this technique with Prismacolor, Polychromos, or whatever colored pencils you like. Just give it a go and see how it works out.
Today, I did to start this a mini video series by showing you how I am coloring the skin of this girl. The subsequent videos will focus on her clothes, and the last one on her hair.
I would love to hear from you what you think about this mini video series, and if you have started learning a new coloring techniques via any online classes and what you think about the progress you’ve made.
Catch you again soon with the next installment of this series!
Giveaway – here’s how to win!
I am planning a move this year (frighteningly soon, actually), and that means I am rummaging through my desks and drawers to see what to keep and what to throw out (ideally, I’ll only move my clothes, my crafty supplies, and my cat – nothing else). In that process, I discovered a few crafting supplies which I haven’t used in ages, but which are still in good shape and I thought that some of you might be happy to receive them. Here’s what I’ll be giving away:
Yes, your eyes do not deceive you. (These are all used supplies!!)
- One set of Copic Ciao alcohol markers, approx. value $85 (random colors).
- One set of Spectrum Noir alcohol markers, value $24, combining yellows and greens.
- One set of Spectrum Noir alcohol markers, value $24, combining pinks and blue-greens.
- One set of Spectrum Noir alcohol markers, value $12, in warm grey.
- One set of Spectrum Noir colored pencils, value $30 (similar to Prismacolor pencils).
- One set of Prismacolor Pencils, value $60.
- One set of FaberCastell Watercolor Pencils Artist Grade, value $20 .
Since I have switched to Copic Markers ages ago, I no longer use my Spectrum Noir alcohol markers but they are still good and have lots of ink in them. I have also replaced a lot of my Ciao markers with Sketch markers (I just like the feel of the Sketch better). Because my favorite colored pencils are Polychromos, I am giving away my Spectrum Noir set (basically unused) and my first Prismacolor set (well used, but hey – it’s over 30 pencils for free!). My watercolor pencils are also rarely used, so you will get a lot of use out of them.
How can you win? Glad you asked 🙂
- Leave a comment until Sunday, 7 February 2016 midnight Central European time, to win. The winners will be announced on this blog on 8 February and contacted via email.
- You can leave a comment on this blog. Please be a subscriber to be eligible to win.
- You can leave a comment on the YouTube video. Please be a subscriber to be eligible to win.
- You can leave a comment on Instagram or Facebook – as long as you are a follower, you are eligible to win.
- You can leave comments on all channels to increase your chances of winning.
- The winners will be picked randomly, but I will award great comments with some 10+ stamp sets I am no longer using and I will sent those to some lucky winners for free as well 🙂
I will ship to you free of charge, no matter where in the world you live. As long as you reply to my email about you winning within 3 days, you’ll get your prize.