Have you started on your Christmas cards yet? The holidays might seem far away, but if your life is like mine, December gets pretty hectic and making cards becomes a chore between work, family and preparations for Christmas.
For that reason I’m showing you four slightly different card designs today here and on the Make The Day Special Stamp Store blog. All of them are perfect to mass produce, either to send out yourself or to give away as a gift.
As the video shows you, all you need is a mask, some white pigment ink, and silver or gold embossing powder. Since pigment ink needs some time to dry, you could sponge all the front panels first, then set them aside to dry while you either cut mats for the panel or decorate the card bases. As a greeting, I went for Mama Elephant’s Merry Greetings, but really, any greeting would work here.
If you want to go all CAS and not have any more work, you could stop after putting the cards together, but I decided to use some gems and some sequins by Pretty Pink Posh for added interest and bling. I mean, it’s the holidays! When are we ever going to get away with a lot of bling again (until next year)?
|Close up of the textured card stock|
|Close up of the silver twine behind the black card|
|The red card in all its glory.|
I hope you enjoyed the video and the idea. Let me know which design you like best. I have to admit that the blue and black are probably my favorites 🙂
- Wplus9 Stag Trio Dies
- Mama Elephant Merry Greetings – alternatively, use Jolly and Merry or Holiday Fill in the Blanks or Winter Wonderland
- Mama Elephant Basic Set Creative Cuts
- Mama Elephant On Point Borders
- Hero Arts Unicorn white pigment ink
- Pretty Pink Posh 6mm Sparkling Clear
- Pretty Pink Posh 4mm Metallic Gold
- Pretty Pink Posh 4mm Marshmallow
- Pretty Pink Posh 4mm Raspberry