Welcome to the third part in my card series about creating many different card concepts from just one single inspiration photo. You can read more about the Cure For The Monday Blues challenge in my initial post where I explained how I came about this crazy idea 🙂
While my first card went into layers, my second and third card made use of die cutting. My fourth card keeps it to one layer, but adds a tiny bit of dimension with embossing paste.
Once more, I used the colors from the CFTMB challenge, which are very pastel/muted in tone. Thanks to the blend-ability of Distress Inks, I could easily create a colored strip on my card.
- Mask off a stripe of the card with masking paper.
- Blend different colors of Distress Inks with the Mini Blending tool.
- Leave mask on and lay stencil over the area you just colored.
- Adhere stencil to work surface and mask off the areas where you don’t want the paste to go.
- Apply the embossing paste, then pull away the stencil carefully.
- Avery Elle “Written In The Stars”
- Distress Inks
- Mini Blending Tool
- Silver embossing paste
- Liquid Pearls
- Hero Arts Charcoal shadow ink
- Silver gel pen
- Congrats (balloon card)
- Hello There (butterfly card 1)
- Wishing You (butterfly card 2)
- Friends are like stars (silver embossing paste) – You are currently here.
- Dance and Smile (paint brush strokes)
- Welcome Little One (balloons on a string)