I’m actually showing you two cards today; the second one came about quite by accident and I liked the second card much better than the first one 🙂
Let’s start with the first one which was also inspired by a video from Julie Ebersole on The Classroom.
As you can see, I used again the colors from the challenge and also some fluid pearl makers to create the accents to pep up the card.
- Cut thin stripes of colored paper and adhere them to a piece of copy paper.
- Die cut the mat with MFT pierced rectangle die.
- Cut butterfly shape from the rectangle you just created.
- Cut intricate butterfly from silver paper.
- Adhere silver butterfly with washi tape to the colorful rectangle.
- I spritzed the basic butterfly shape with gold to make it shimmer.
- I die cut the intricate butterfly from vellum.
- I die cut the body of the butterfly from silver paper.
- After glueing the vellum to the basic shape and layering the body on top, I added a pearl to cover up the glue which you can otherwise see through the vellum.
- I used washi tape on the top and bottom to accentuate the borders of the card.
- I stamped the sentiment with Avery Elle Pigment Ink and a Simon Says Stamp sentiment.
Thanks for stopping by!
View the other cards from this series:
I’ll be entering this card into the Cure For the Monday Blues #17 challenge.