I loved how Lucy kept her sketch very simple and clean. I always try to go with a clean style, but I ended up stamping a whole lot of blooms in the background. I know, I’m a chicken 😉
I stamped the flowers with Distress Ink. I used my new markers to color the stamp, then huffed on it and stamped it on white card stock. Then I fuzzy cut the flowers. Sorry for the poor work, but I only have one huge scissor and it’s a pain to do that. But I just ordered a Cutter Bee from Simon Says Stamp in the hopes of making fuzzy cutting more enjoyable.
I kept it a muted color scheme so the card would be suitable for a guy, too. I added some embellishments to make the flowers prettier and distract from the bad cutting 😀
The sentiment was stamped in Versafine black ink. I still can’t get enough of that ink, it gives such sharp and clear impressions.
Lastly, I mounted the stamps with foam squares onto the card to give it some dimension and add interest:
Thanks for stopping by!
- Stampin Up blue card stock
- CAS-ual Fridays Loving Thoughts (flowers)
- CAS-ual Fridays Frankly (sentiment)
- Simon Says Stamp Holiday Envelope Sentiments (white dotted line)
- Distress Markers (flowers)
- Hero Arts Silver ink (background flowers)
- White Pigment Ink (dotted line)
- Wink of Stella glitter brush for the flowers (can’t see it in the pics, though)